Comfrey for external poultice

I am wandering out the the realm of traditional Shaka Vansya Ayurved into traditional eastern European herbal medicine. Comfrey (Symphytum officianale) also known as Bone Knit has been used to wrap broken bones, sprains and bruises for 100's of years.  I have a great respect for Comfrey as a healing poultice.  I was just a young girl when I was introduced to comfrey by a friend of my mother's who was also a reflexologist. He have us a root to plant in our yard and we used it for various bruises and sprains.  Years later in my 30's I walked into a table and had a large multicoloured bruise on my thigh. I taped a small circular pad of comfrey on the bruise - the next morning the bruise was gone under the pad and all around the pad it was black yellow green and blue.  That was my confirming experience of the power of Comfrey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfrey  Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Comfrey.  Basically it has been used historically by herbalist for various ailments.

The way I use comfrey is mix equal parts of comfrey root with Aloe vera leaf and blend it up to make a jelly like paste. If I have have Black Walnut leaf I also add a few leaves. (tincture works too). YOU can add a bit of water if it too thick. Once you have the jelly like mush ready it should be about the consistency of thick jello or pudding - then you spread it on a paper towel and put it over the bruised or hurt area. Fasten it on with tensor bandage or what ever creative method you can come up with. Leave it there over night. Remove it in the morning and massage the area with sesame oil or good massage oil that you like.

You will be amazed how it accelerates the healing process.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Drugs to Herbs

To Drink or Not to Drink Milk

Detox Soup