Pomegranate take two

I hope you read the recent post on the benefits of Pomegranates by Dr Marianne Teitelbaume that I reposted.  I just wanted to share a personal experience about the benefits of Pomegranate. Yesterday I went out for dinner and chose what I could form the menu.  Later that evening I was at home and feeling tired and achy so was looking for a snack and decided to have some Pomegranate - within 15 minutes I could feel the benefits - less tired and perky.  Thinking back on the chicken wings I had for supper there definitely was not astringent qualities in the food.  Pomegranate is sweet juicy and astringent that helps to increase nutrient absorbtion. 

I know it seems expensive to buy Pomegranates. In our store they are selling for $2.50 each.  But I always compare that to a tea or coffee at your local favourite coffee shop.  Also one Pomegranate feeds me for at least 2-3 snacks.

It is a great pickme up in the middle of the afternoon when we need something to take us through to dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Drugs to Herbs

To Drink or Not to Drink Milk

Detox Soup