Osteoporosis

I watched my little 5 foot mother shrink as she grew older. At 88 years old she was bed ridden. Thirty years earlier she fell and broke her ribs. That was the first sign of Osteoporosis. It's a disease that baffles modern science. If you are diagnosis with porous breakable bones the doctor will most likely tell you do weight bearing exercise and the prescribe a BISPHOSPHONATE like Fosamax or Actonal. However when the scientific data is properly interpreted, only 3 women out of 100 benefit from taking the Biphosphonates. That is startling considering the millions taking these drugs.  Looking more deeply into the literature you will find that these drugs make the bones harder and more brittle and they continue to break easily.

As I approached menopause I was aware of these facts and was looking for solutions so that I could prevent the suffering my mother endured from this disease.  I found many supplement companies that offered solutions. I even got recommendations from friends taking supplements that seemed to be helping them. But then in 2004 the year my mother died, I met Vaidya Rama Kant Mishra who solved the puzzle for me and made life changing recommendations.

He explained that the underlying cause or HETU in Sanskrit of the disease if the inflammation and acidity of the blood. And since the largest reservoir of alkalinity is the Calcium in the bones, it is leached making the bones porous over time.  I started testing my saliva every morning with pH paper and sure enough the pH of my saliva was about 5, neutral being 7.  Slowly I worked at raising my salivary pH to 6 and then 6.5. However it was not easy work.

Then glyceride drops and herbs were added to build the bone and calcium in the form of SOMA CAL supplementation which was a form of Calcium that could reach the bones easily. Most Calcium supplements the molecules are too large to be assimilated.

Overtime I added and perfected my daily routine and diet to reduce foods and routines that created inflammation and added things that kept my blood alkaline. Now in my mid 70's I still have strong healthy bones and have maintained my height.  And yes I walk daily and do weight bearing exercise as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Drugs to Herbs

To Drink or Not to Drink Milk

Detox Soup