Parkinson's disease

When Dr. Parkinson named the disease he saw it as a neurological degeneration. Now in modern medicine it is seen as a depletion of dopamine which is mostly produced by the Substantia nigra in the brain. This understanding makes it convenient to treat it with a magic bullet of a pharmaceutical drug that will forcefully increase the levels of dopamine. However as most neurologist will tell you the drug will only work at best for about 10 years and then the neural receptors will no long respond.

Also is you go to www.pdrecovery.org to see a completely different understanding of what causes Parkinson's disease. This is based on the work of

Dr. Janice Walton-Hadlock, DAOM, founder of the Parkinson's Recovery Project


I have a very direct and personal experience with Parkinson's as m y late husband had the disease. And also I have personally worked on a woman in her 50's with Parkinson's using the Transdermal Marma System of Shaka Vansya Ayurved. The gentle massage with specially prepared harbal pastes opened up the channels and within 3 to 4 weeks she was feeling more energy and her husband noticed a big change in her.  There is a very specific plant called the Mucuna Bean that raises dopamine levels. It is best used transdermally as it is not well absorbed orally. Therefore getting marma massage from a trained ayurvedic practioner would be a great support to the person with Parkinson's.


In both the work of Dr. Walton-Hadlock and the understanding from ayurved, any neurological disorder would have a large Vata imbalance causing the disease. So anything that would balance Vata would be beneficial. Good routine, going to bed on time, not over extending, eating regularly warm nutritious food. I will write more on balancing Vata in a later  post.


It has become very clear now that the digestive tract produces neurotransmitters - so anything that helps to improve good digestion is essential to get at the root of this disorder.


All for now, more to come.

 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease a year ago at the age of 68. For several months I had noticed tremors in my right hand and the shaking of my right foot when I was sitting. My normally beautiful cursive writing was now small cramped printing. And I tended to lose my balance. Neurologist had me walk down the hall and said I didn't swing my right arm. I had never noticed! I was in denial for a while as there is no history in my family of parents and five older siblings, but now accept I had classic symptoms. I was taking pramipexole (Sifrol), carbidopa/levodopa and Biperiden, 2 mg. and started physical therapy to strengthen muscles. nothing was really working to help my condition.I went off the Siferol (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started on parkinson’s herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, my symptoms totally declined over a 5 weeks use of the Parkinsons disease natural herbal formula. i am now almost 70 and doing very well, the disease is totally reversed!! Visit there website www. healthherbalclinic. net

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is 80 years and has been suffering from PD for the past 15 years. Lately he started hallucinating and I didn't know how to handle the situation. He cannot sleep and tried to find and catch the imaginary people who he thinks are real. he was taken Entacapone with Levodopa, Carbidopa, and Pramipexole and started physical therapy to strengthen muscles. nothing was really working to help his condition.I took him off the Siferol (with the doctor’s knowledge) and started him on parkinson’s herbal formula i ordered from Health Herbal Clinic, his symptoms totally declined over a 5 weeks use of the Parkinsons disease natural herbal formula.i read reviews from other previous patients who used the herbal formula, my husband is now active, he can now go about daily exercise!! his symptoms so much reduced that now I hardly notice them.Visit there website www. healthherbalclinicc. weebly. com or email Info@ healthherbalclinic. net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Drugs to Herbs

To Drink or Not to Drink Milk

Detox Soup