Another Herbal Antiviral

I received the message below from my friend Blaine, reminding me again about ANDROGRAPHIS PANICULATA (also known as Kalmegh). Another treatment for virus infections.  Time tested in India, China and Scandanavian countries.  Available in Canada from Sewanti.com as a powder for $26.99 plus shipping.  (150 doses) Dose is only 1/4 teaspoonful in cup of warm water 1-3 times a day.

Here's a bit of information from Blaine about the herb: "Andrographis paniculata has as many benefits besides being antiviral.  It is helpful for more than just immune support. The dry and penetrating qualities of the herb help to cut
through thick phlegm caused by increased kapha, and it also reduces pitta and kapha in the head and chest, helping to maintain a normal body temperature.  Additionally, it supports a healthy respiratory tract, sinuses, and throat, and can even be used externally to help balance excess pitta in the skin. Due to its bitter and cooling qualities, it helps balance elevated pitta in the blood and stagnant pitta in the liver (ranjaka pitta), enhancing liver function, and stimulating the production of bile. It can also burn and eliminate ama, helping to kindle agni, improve the appetite, and support comfortable digestion. This is important since Vaidya always said that high pitta, low Agni, was/is the most common imbalance in the western world today."

The list grows. There are many viral treatments beside this one. Here are some examples:
1. herbal - Sambucha also known as Elderberry
2. nutraceutical  - Zinc, Lysine, Vitamin D and C
3. pharmaceutical - Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquin,

There are so many choices.  I personally use Tridoshic Nasal Oil from Chandi to prevent the virus from entering. Then I also use Zinc and Elderberry as preventatives when I feel I have been exposed to someone who is a carrier.  I have Lysine and Andrographis on hand in case I get a sore throat and it seems like I am coming down with something.  Both are inexpensive and easily available. I have not had to use them so far.

I have not been able to get Ivermectin easily. Also it seems that doctors are being penalized when prescribing Ivermectin.  I heard a funny story about a doctor in India who decided to "deworm" everyone in his area. As you probably know Ivermectin was developed to treat a worm infection that caused blindness. When he dewormed everyone the cases of COVID dropped dramatically. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Drugs to Herbs

To Drink or Not to Drink Milk

Detox Soup