first things first

A friends asked me, "Where do I start if I want to do SVA or Shaka Vansya Ayurved". I would start by eliminating the foods that block the vibrational channels. These foods are the nightshade family: potato, tomato, eggplant and bell peppers. Other foods that also block the vibrational or pranic channels are: large beans, soya products, bananas and old left over foods. That is quite a tall order when you are used to eating potatoes with catsup or greek salad or humous or soya milk. A sure way to block the flow of prana is to start your morning with a cold smoothie made with soya milk and bananas. Better to start your day with fruit stewed with a few cloves and some hot cereal.

So where do we start. We start slowly. We find substitues for those foods that we eat every day that we eat in greatest quauntity. Lets say potato, how about using yams, sweet potato or taro root instead. When cooking a soup where you would use a lot of potato add other root veggies. I have been cooking borscht for years using my mothers recipe that was loaded with potato and tomato. I can now make a delicous borcht without those veggies. I saute the beets in ghee and add cabbage and a medley or other veggies. The base is red lentils. I use lime at the end of the cooking process for the sourness that the tomatoes provided.

So just for today eliminate one of the nightshades. And use rice milk or almond milk instead of soya milk. Also cows milk is not as clogging is boiled half and half with water and a pinch of cardamom and cinnamon. Makes it much more digestible. Cow or goat milk is never consumed with salty food. Best to drink diluted yogurt with your meals with a pinch of salt and roasted cumin to help with digestion.

If you want specific areas addressed please send me a note.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Drugs to Herbs

To Drink or Not to Drink Milk

Detox Soup